By TRG Alerts Admin
○ Some 150 world leaders including US President Barack Obama are joining UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon in kicking off two weeks of high-stakes climate talks near Paris.
○ After decades of struggling negotiations marked by the failure of a previous summit in Copenhagen six years ago, some form of landmark agreement appears all but assured by mid-December.
○ The Chinese government has released its latest scientific assessment of how global warming has affected and is likely to affect China, including rising temperatures and sea levels.
○ In the push for a new treaty, the world’s poorest countries say they fear being “left behind”.
○ President Obama stressed the importance of cooperation between the US and China, saying that “nowhere has that cooperation been more necessary and more fruitful” than on climate change, before meeting with Chinese President Xi Jinping.
TECHNOLOGY AND COMMUNICATIONS
○ Ebola Virus Disease (EVD)
■ Cases as of 30NOV: 28,637 (Guinea, Liberia, Mali, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Spain, United Kingdom, United States, Italy)
■ Deaths as of 30NOV: 11,314 (Guinea, Liberia, Mali, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, United States)
○ Chikungunya Virus Disease (CHIK)
■ Suspected Cases as of 30NOV: 596,893 (Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Brazil, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Colombia, Costa Rica, Curacao, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, French Guiana, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Martinique, Mexico, Montserrat, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Puerto Rico, Saint Barthelemy, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Martin, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Sint Maarten, Spain, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, United States, US Virgin Islands, and Venezuela.)
■ Confirmed Cases: 26,076
■ Deaths as of 30NOV: 76 (Colombia, Puerto Rico, Martinique, Grenada, French Guiana, Guadeloupe, Jamaica, Dominican Republic)
○ Cholera – Tanzania
■ Cases as of 30NOV: 971
■ Deaths as of 30NOV: 13
■ Sourcing: WHO
○ Novel Coronavirus (MERS-CoV, SARS-related)
■ Cases as of 30NOV: 1618 (Saudi Arabia (KSA), Jordan, Qatar, the United Arab Emirates (UAE), the United Kingdom (UK), France, Tunisia, Italy, Oman, Kuwait, Yemen, Malaysia, Greece, Egypt, Lebanon, the Netherlands, Iran, Algeria, Austria, Turkey, The Philippines, Germany, China, South Korea, and the US)
■ Deaths as of 30NOV: 579 (Saudi Arabia, France, Qatar, United Kingdom, UAE, Oman, South Korea)
TOMORROW’S OUTLOOK (01DEC)
Copyright 2018 The Rendon Group. Powered By Impressive Business WordPress Theme