By TRG Alerts Admin
○ Voters in Burkina Faso lined up to elect presidential and legislative candidates in what analysts predict will be the country’s most democratic elections in its history.
○ The elections are the first since a popular uprising in October 2014 toppled Blaise Compaore, the country’s longtime leader.
○ Since then, the country has been embroiled in conflict between the transitional government and the presidential guard, culminating in a failed coup last September.
○ More than 17,000 local and foreign observers are expected to monitor polls, and 25,000 soldiers and police will maintain security against the threat of a jihadist attack.
TECHNOLOGY AND COMMUNICATIONS
○ Ebola Virus Disease (EVD)
■ Cases as of 29NOV: 28,637 (Guinea, Liberia, Mali, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Spain, United Kingdom, United States, Italy)
■ Deaths: 11,314 (Guinea, Liberia, Mali, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, United States)
○ Chikungunya Virus Disease (CHIK)
■ Suspected Cases as of 29NOV: 596,893 (Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Brazil, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Colombia, Costa Rica, Curacao, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, French Guiana, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Martinique, Mexico, Montserrat, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Puerto Rico, Saint Barthelemy, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Martin, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Sint Maarten, Spain, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, United States, US Virgin Islands, and Venezuela.)
■ Confirmed Cases: 26,076
■ Deaths as of 29NOV: 76 (Colombia, Puerto Rico, Martinique, Grenada, French Guiana, Guadeloupe, Jamaica, Dominican Republic)
○ Cholera – Tanzania
■ Cases as of 29NOV: 971
■ Deaths as of 29NOV: 13
■ Sourcing: WHO
○ Novel Coronavirus (MERS-CoV, SARS-related)
■ Cases as of 29NOV: 1618 (Saudi Arabia (KSA), Jordan, Qatar, the United Arab Emirates (UAE), the United Kingdom (UK), France, Tunisia, Italy, Oman, Kuwait, Yemen, Malaysia, Greece, Egypt, Lebanon, the Netherlands, Iran, Algeria, Austria, Turkey, The Philippines, Germany, China, South Korea, and the US)
■ Deaths as of 29NOV: 579 (Saudi Arabia, France, Qatar, United Kingdom, UAE, Oman, South Korea)
TOMORROW’S OUTLOOK (30NOV)
Copyright 2018 The Rendon Group. Powered By Impressive Business WordPress Theme