By TRG Alerts Admin
○ President Bashar al-Assad told Russian lawmakers in Damascus that he was ready to take part in presidential elections if the Syrian people support the idea.
○ After Secretary of State John Kerry met Saudi Arabia’s King Salman, the two agreed to increase support to Syria’s moderate opposition while seeking a political resolution of the four-year conflict.
○ According to Russian state-owned Sputnik news, the Free Syrian Army proposed Moscow to hold talks on a conflict resolution.
○ Russia said it was ready to provide air support for Western-backed moderate rebels battling both jihadists and President al-Assad as Moscow presses on with its diplomatic offensive over the conflict.
○ However, Syria’s Western-backed opposition rejected a Russian offer to assist them against the Islamic State jihadist group and dismissed Moscow’s call for new elections.
○ In a New York Times Op-Ed, former President Jimmy Carter, said “[Assad] will not end the war by accepting concessions imposed by the West, but is likely to do so if urged by his allies.”
TECHNOLOGY AND COMMUNICATIONS
○ Location: 876 NM NW of Wake Island
○ Wind: 63 mph
○ Movement: NE at 25 mph
○ Map: N/A
○ Location: 599 NM E of Hilo, Hawaii
○ Wind: 98 mph
○ Movement: NE at 9 mph
(30 miles E of San José)
○ Ebola Virus Disease (EVD)
■ Cases: 28,512 (Guinea, Liberia, Mali, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Spain, United Kingdom, United States, Italy)
■ Deaths: 11,313 (Guinea, Liberia, Mali, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, United States)
○ Chikungunya Virus Disease (CHIK)
■ Suspected Cases as of 23OCT: 575,281 (Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Brazil, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Colombia, Costa Rica, Curacao, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, French Guiana, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Martinique, Mexico, Montserrat, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Puerto Rico, Saint Barthelemy, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Martin, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Sint Maarten, Spain, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, United States, US Virgin Islands, and Venezuela.)
■ Confirmed Cases: 24,388
■ Deaths as of 23OCT: 63 (Colombia, Puerto Rico, Martinique, Grenada, French Guiana, Guadeloupe, Jamaica, Dominican Republic)
○ Cholera – Tanzania
■ Cases as of 25OCT: 971
■ Deaths as of 25OCT: 13
○ Novel Coronavirus (MERS-CoV, SARS-related)
■ Cases as of 25OCT: 1599 (Saudi Arabia (KSA), Jordan, Qatar, the United Arab Emirates (UAE), the United Kingdom (UK), France, Tunisia, Italy, Oman, Kuwait, Yemen, Malaysia, Greece, Egypt, Lebanon, the Netherlands, Iran, Algeria, Austria, Turkey, The Philippines, Germany, China, South Korea, and the US)
■ Deaths as of 25OCT: 574 (Saudi Arabia, France, Qatar, United Kingdom, UAE, Oman, South Korea)
TOMORROW’S OUTLOOK (26OCT)
Copyright 2018 The Rendon Group. Powered By Impressive Business WordPress Theme