By TRG Alerts Admin
○ Chinese Prime Minister Li Keqiang put forward a five-point proposal to ease rising tensions in the South China Sea, even as Beijing admitted to building military facilities in the area.
○ Japan on Sunday backed the United States sailing warships close to disputed land in the South China Sea but said it had no plans to send its own maritime forces to support the operation.
○ Philippine President Benigno Aquino told an Asia-Pacific summit that “the world is watching” whether China would behave as a responsible power in the simmering standoff over maritime territory.
○ Malaysia and Australia agreed to elevate their bilateral relations to a strategic partnership.
TECHNOLOGY AND COMMUNICATIONS
○ Location: 250 NM NNW of Yap
○ Wind: 120 mph
○ Movement: WNW at 18 mph
○ Location: 273 NM SSW of Diego Garcio
○ Wind: 80 mph
○ Movement: W at 2 mph
○ Location: 332 NM WSW of Socorro Island
○ Wind: 40 mph
○ Movement: W at 12 mph
○ Ebola Virus Disease (EVD)
■ Cases: 28,634 (Guinea, Liberia, Mali, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Spain, United Kingdom, United States, Italy)
■ Deaths: 11,314 (Guinea, Liberia, Mali, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, United States)
○ Chikungunya Virus Disease (CHIK)
■ Suspected Cases as of 22NOV: 575,281 (Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Brazil, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Colombia, Costa Rica, Curacao, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, French Guiana, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Martinique, Mexico, Montserrat, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Puerto Rico, Saint Barthelemy, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Martin, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Sint Maarten, Spain, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, United States, US Virgin Islands, and Venezuela.)
■ Confirmed Cases: 25,739
■ Deaths as of 22NOV: 76 (Colombia, Puerto Rico, Martinique, Grenada, French Guiana, Guadeloupe, Jamaica, Dominican Republic)
○ Cholera – Tanzania
■ Cases as of 21NOV: 971
■ Deaths as of 21NOV: 13
■ Sourcing: WHO
○ Novel Coronavirus (MERS-CoV, SARS-related)
■ Cases as of 22NOV: 1618 (Saudi Arabia (KSA), Jordan, Qatar, the United Arab Emirates (UAE), the United Kingdom (UK), France, Tunisia, Italy, Oman, Kuwait, Yemen, Malaysia, Greece, Egypt, Lebanon, the Netherlands, Iran, Algeria, Austria, Turkey, The Philippines, Germany, China, South Korea, and the US)
■ Deaths as of 22NOV: 579 (Saudi Arabia, France, Qatar, United Kingdom, UAE, Oman, South Korea)
TOMORROW’S OUTLOOK (23NOV)
Copyright 2018 The Rendon Group. Powered By Impressive Business WordPress Theme