By TRG Alerts Admin
○ Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu has urged Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas to hold talks to calm the recent surge of violence.
○ The Israeli government announced it was deploying more troops to the border with Gaza, where Hamas has called for a “Day of Rage”.
○ On Friday, the UN Security Council will take up the matter.
○ Palestinians torched Joseph’s Tomb, a holy site revered by Jews in the West Bank city of Nablus overnight.
○ Israeli citizens who legally own firearms were encouraged by the government to be vigilant and carry them.
○ Thirty-one Palestinians have been killed by Israeli soldiers and police, some during the attacks and others during demonstrations.
TECHNOLOGY AND COMMUNICATIONS
○ Location: 370 NM E of Manila, Philippines
○ Wind: 92 mph
○ Movement: W at 8 mph
○ Location: 73 NM ENE of Saipan
○ Wind: 69 mph
○ Movement: W at 18 mph
○ Location: 231 NM SE of Hilo, Hawaii
○ Wind: 28 mph
○ Movement: WNW at 5 mph
○ Location: 1190 miles SW of Baja California, Mexico
○ Wind: 30 mph
○ Movement: W at 13 mph
○ Ash cloud continues to rise from peak. (Earthweek)
○ Ebola Virus Disease (EVD)
■ Cases: 28,490 (Guinea, Liberia, Mali, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Spain, United Kingdom, United States, Italy)
■ Deaths: 11,312 (Guinea, Liberia, Mali, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, United States)
○ Chikungunya Virus Disease (CHIK)
■ Suspected Cases as of 15OCT: 571,650 (Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Brazil, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Colombia, Costa Rica, Curacao, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, French Guiana, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Martinique, Mexico, Montserrat, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Puerto Rico, Saint Barthelemy, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Martin, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Sint Maarten, Spain, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, United States, US Virgin Islands, and Venezuela.)
■ Confirmed Cases: 23,483
■ Deaths as of 15OCT: 62 (Colombia, Puerto Rico, Martinique, Grenada, French Guiana, Guadeloupe, Jamaica, Dominican Republic)
○ Cholera – Tanzania
■ Cases as of 15OCT: 971
■ Deaths as of 15OCT: 13
○ Novel Coronavirus (MERS-CoV, SARS-related)
■ Cases as of 15OCT: 1595 (Saudi Arabia (KSA), Jordan, Qatar, the United Arab Emirates (UAE), the United Kingdom (UK), France, Tunisia, Italy, Oman, Kuwait, Yemen, Malaysia, Greece, Egypt, Lebanon, the Netherlands, Iran, Algeria, Austria, Turkey, The Philippines, Germany, China, South Korea, and the US)
■ Deaths as of 15OCT: 571 (Saudi Arabia, France, Qatar, United Kingdom, UAE, Oman, South Korea)
TOMORROW’S OUTLOOK (17OCT)
Copyright 2018 The Rendon Group. Powered By Impressive Business WordPress Theme