By TRG Alerts Admin
○ World leaders arrived in Antalya, Turkey for the first of two days of the G-20 Summit, where the official agenda includes discussions on the state of the global economy, sustainable growth, and climate change ahead of the upcoming UN Climate Change Conference.
○ Nevertheless, in light of the attacks in Paris, leaders will prioritize developing a common counterterrorism strategy and a joint position on the migration crisis.
○ Meanwhile, under increased political pressure to develop a consensus on neutralizing the Islamic State, top diplomats from the United States, Russia and other key regional and international powers agreed Saturday on a road map for a political transition in Syria.
○ However, the role of Bashar al-Assad in Syria’s future remains a major point of disagreement unaddressed by the roadmap.
TECHNOLOGY AND COMMUNICATIONS
○ Ebola Virus Disease (EVD)
■ Cases: 28,635 (Guinea, Liberia, Mali, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Spain, United Kingdom, United States, Italy)
■ Deaths: 11,314 (Guinea, Liberia, Mali, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, United States)
○ Chikungunya Virus Disease (CHIK)
■ Suspected Cases as of 15NOV: 575,281 (Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Brazil, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Colombia, Costa Rica, Curacao, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, French Guiana, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Martinique, Mexico, Montserrat, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Puerto Rico, Saint Barthelemy, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Martin, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Sint Maarten, Spain, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, United States, US Virgin Islands, and Venezuela.)
■ Confirmed Cases: 25,739
■ Deaths as of 15NOV: 76 (Colombia, Puerto Rico, Martinique, Grenada, French Guiana, Guadeloupe, Jamaica, Dominican Republic)
○ Cholera – Tanzania
■ Cases as of 15NOV: 971
■ Deaths as of 15NOV: 13
■ Sourcing: WHO
○ Novel Coronavirus (MERS-CoV, SARS-related)
■ Cases as of 15NOV: 1618 (Saudi Arabia (KSA), Jordan, Qatar, the United Arab Emirates (UAE), the United Kingdom (UK), France, Tunisia, Italy, Oman, Kuwait, Yemen, Malaysia, Greece, Egypt, Lebanon, the Netherlands, Iran, Algeria, Austria, Turkey, The Philippines, Germany, China, South Korea, and the US)
■ Deaths as of 15NOV: 579 (Saudi Arabia, France, Qatar, United Kingdom, UAE, Oman, South Korea)
TOMORROW’S OUTLOOK (16NOV)
Copyright 2018 The Rendon Group. Powered By Impressive Business WordPress Theme