By TRG Alerts Admin
○ The Yemeni government and Houthi rebels agreed to immediately halt fighting as they started peace talks mediated by a UN special envoy at an undisclosed location in Switzerland.
○ The talks are expected to last all week.
○ The rebel forces, who control the capital, have yet to say if they will abide by the truce.
○ Previous ceasefires in Yemen have fallen apart or only been partially observed, with the warring parties accusing each other of not respecting the terms.
○ The Saudi-led coalition targeted Shiite Houthi rebels in Yemen and killed at least 15 people, just hours before a proposed ceasefire was due to begin.
TECHNOLOGY AND COMMUNICATIONS
○ Location: 107 NM SSE of Manila, Philippines
○ Wind: 143 mph
○ Movement: W at 8 mph
○ Ash column eruption 1.5 km into the sky. (Xinhua)
○ Ebola Virus Disease (EVD)
■ Cases as of 15DEC: 28,637 (Guinea, Liberia, Mali, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Spain, United Kingdom, United States, Italy)
■ Deaths as of 15DEC: 11,315 (Guinea, Liberia, Mali, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, United States)
○ Chikungunya Virus Disease (CHIK)
■ Suspected Cases as of 15DEC: 607,306 (Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Brazil, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Colombia, Costa Rica, Curacao, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, French Guiana, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Martinique, Mexico, Montserrat, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Puerto Rico, Saint Barthelemy, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Martin, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Sint Maarten, Spain, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, United States, US Virgin Islands, and Venezuela.)
■ Confirmed Cases: 34,507
■ Deaths as of 15DEC: 77 (Colombia, Puerto Rico, Martinique, Grenada, French Guiana, Guadeloupe, Jamaica, Dominican Republic)
○ Novel Coronavirus (MERS-CoV, SARS-related)
■ Cases as of 15DEC: 1621 (Saudi Arabia (KSA), Jordan, Qatar, the United Arab Emirates (UAE), the United Kingdom (UK), France, Tunisia, Italy, Oman, Kuwait, Yemen, Malaysia, Greece, Egypt, Lebanon, the Netherlands, Iran, Algeria, Austria, Turkey, The Philippines, Germany, China, South Korea, and the US)
■ Deaths as of 15DEC: 584 (Saudi Arabia, France, Qatar, United Kingdom, UAE, Oman, South Korea)
TOMORROW’S OUTLOOK (16DEC)
Copyright 2018 The Rendon Group. Powered By Impressive Business WordPress Theme