By TRG Alerts Admin
○ Egyptian investigators said they have found no evidence of terrorism so far in the Russian passenger jet crash that killed 224 people — contradicting Moscow’s earlier claims that a bomb was on the plane.
○ “The technical investigative committee has so far not found anything indicating any illegal intervention or terrorist action,” the Egyptian civil aviation ministry said.
○ Russia has said an explosive device had been placed onboard the Airbus 321-200 and the Sinai branch of the Islamic State group has claimed responsibility.
○ Islamic State said it took down the flight in retaliation for Russia’s air campaign in Syria, which began in late September.
○ US officials have given no indications that they doubt the Russian’s assessment, nor the claim by ISIS.
TECHNOLOGY AND COMMUNICATIONS
○ Location: 307 NM ESE of Manila, Philippines
○ Wind: 126 mph
○ Movement: W at 12 mph
○ Ebola Virus Disease (EVD)
■ Cases as of 14DEC: 28,637 (Guinea, Liberia, Mali, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Spain, United Kingdom, United States, Italy)
■ Deaths as of 14DEC: 11,315 (Guinea, Liberia, Mali, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, United States)
○ Chikungunya Virus Disease (CHIK)
■ Suspected Cases as of 14DEC: 607,306 (Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Brazil, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Colombia, Costa Rica, Curacao, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, French Guiana, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Martinique, Mexico, Montserrat, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Puerto Rico, Saint Barthelemy, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Martin, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Sint Maarten, Spain, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, United States, US Virgin Islands, and Venezuela.)
■ Confirmed Cases: 34,507
■ Deaths as of 14DEC: 77 (Colombia, Puerto Rico, Martinique, Grenada, French Guiana, Guadeloupe, Jamaica, Dominican Republic)
○ Novel Coronavirus (MERS-CoV, SARS-related)
■ Cases as of 14DEC: 1621 (Saudi Arabia (KSA), Jordan, Qatar, the United Arab Emirates (UAE), the United Kingdom (UK), France, Tunisia, Italy, Oman, Kuwait, Yemen, Malaysia, Greece, Egypt, Lebanon, the Netherlands, Iran, Algeria, Austria, Turkey, The Philippines, Germany, China, South Korea, and the US)
■ Deaths as of 14DEC: 584 (Saudi Arabia, France, Qatar, United Kingdom, UAE, Oman, South Korea)
TOMORROW’S OUTLOOK (15DEC)
Copyright 2018 The Rendon Group. Powered By Impressive Business WordPress Theme