By TRG Alerts Admin
○ The agreement would tie together 12 countries that account for 40 percent of the world’s economic output by lowering tariffs and other barriers to trade.
○ The TPP standardizes international rules in areas such as intellectual property and dispute resolution between governments and investors.
○ The released text also included a side deal that would allow workers to unionize and organize strikes in Vietnam.
○ President Obama notified Congress of his intention to sign the TPP but faces opposition from unions, environmentalists, and public interest groups.
○ Opponents believe the deal does not adequately address concerns about currency manipulation, environmental degradation, and labor rights violations
TECHNOLOGY AND COMMUNICATIONS
○ Location: 515 NM E of Socotra Islands, Yemen
○ Wind: 46 mph
○ Movement: WSW at 7 mph
○ Ebola Virus Disease (EVD)
■ Cases: 28,607 (Guinea, Liberia, Mali, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Spain, United Kingdom, United States, Italy)
■ Deaths: 11,314 (Guinea, Liberia, Mali, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, United States)
○ Chikungunya Virus Disease (CHIK)
■ Suspected Cases as of 06NOV: 575,281 (Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Brazil, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Colombia, Costa Rica, Curacao, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, French Guiana, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Martinique, Mexico, Montserrat, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Puerto Rico, Saint Barthelemy, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Martin, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Sint Maarten, Spain, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, United States, US Virgin Islands, and Venezuela.)
■ Confirmed Cases: 24,388
■ Deaths as of 06NOV: 63 (Colombia, Puerto Rico, Martinique, Grenada, French Guiana, Guadeloupe, Jamaica, Dominican Republic)
○ Cholera – Tanzania
■ Cases as of 06NOV: 971
■ Deaths as of 06NOV: 13
■ Sourcing: WHO
○ Novel Coronavirus (MERS-CoV, SARS-related)
■ Cases as of 06NOV: 1611 (Saudi Arabia (KSA), Jordan, Qatar, the United Arab Emirates (UAE), the United Kingdom (UK), France, Tunisia, Italy, Oman, Kuwait, Yemen, Malaysia, Greece, Egypt, Lebanon, the Netherlands, Iran, Algeria, Austria, Turkey, The Philippines, Germany, China, South Korea, and the US)
■ Deaths as of 06NOV: 575 (Saudi Arabia, France, Qatar, United Kingdom, UAE, Oman, South Korea)
TOMORROW’S OUTLOOK (07NOV)
Copyright 2018 The Rendon Group. Powered By Impressive Business WordPress Theme