By TRG Alerts Admin
○ World leaders sternly criticized North Korea for carrying out a fourth nuclear test, an explosion that Pyongyang claimed was a much more powerful hydrogen bomb test.
○ Closed-door UN Security Council morning talks between member nations were called by the UN and Japan.
○ North Korea’s claim that it successfully detonated a hydrogen bomb for the first time isn’t backed up by initial data reviewed by weapons experts.
○ North Korea may have explained a reported hydrogen bomb test as a response to U.S. “hostility,” but experts say it may more accurately reflect deteriorating relations with China.
○ While a fourth nuclear test had been long expected, the claim that it was a hydrogen device, much more powerful than an atomic bomb, came as a surprise, as did the timing.
TECHNOLOGY AND COMMUNICATIONS
○ Location: 189 SSW of Suva, Fiji
○ Wind: 51 mph
○ Movement: NNW at 4 mph
○ Ebola Virus Disease (EVD)
■ Ebola Virus Disease (EVD)
○ Chikungunya Virus Disease (CHIK)
■ Suspected Cases as of 06JAN: 635,955 (Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Brazil, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Colombia, Costa Rica, Curacao, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, French Guiana, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Martinique, Mexico, Montserrat, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Puerto Rico, Saint Barthelemy, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Martin, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Sint Maarten, Spain, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, United States, US Virgin Islands, and Venezuela.)
■ Confirmed Cases: 30,356
■ Deaths as of 06JAN: 82 (Colombia, Puerto Rico, Martinique, Grenada, French Guiana, Guadeloupe, Jamaica, Dominican Republic)
■ Novel Coronavirus (MERS-CoV, SARS-related)
TOMORROW’S OUTLOOK (07JAN)
Copyright 2018 The Rendon Group. Powered By Impressive Business WordPress Theme