By TRG Alerts Admin
○ US intelligence assessments suggest someone planted a bomb on the plane before takeoff, multiple US officials said, and someone inside Sharm el-Sheikh airport could have helped.
○ The US and European security sources stressed they had reached no final conclusions about the crash.
○ The emerging focus on a bomb followed claims by people purporting to represent the Islamic State militants Russia is fighting in Syria who said the jet was downed in retaliation.
○ Islamic State has claimed responsibility for the disaster, but has so far not presented any firm evidence to back it up.
○ The first victim of Saturday’s plane crash over Egypt was laid to rest on Thursday following a funeral service in a medieval church in city in northern Russia.
TECHNOLOGY AND COMMUNICATIONS
○ Winds blew an ash cloud away from Ngurah Rai International Airport, clearing the skies above Bali for the first time in days. (AFP)
○ Ebola Virus Disease (EVD)
■ Cases: 28,607 (Guinea, Liberia, Mali, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Spain, United Kingdom, United States, Italy)
■ Deaths: 11,314 (Guinea, Liberia, Mali, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, United States)
○ Chikungunya Virus Disease (CHIK)
■ Suspected Cases as of 05NOV: 575,281 (Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Brazil, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Colombia, Costa Rica, Curacao, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, French Guiana, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Martinique, Mexico, Montserrat, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Puerto Rico, Saint Barthelemy, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Martin, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Sint Maarten, Spain, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, United States, US Virgin Islands, and Venezuela.)
■ Confirmed Cases: 24,388
■ Deaths as of 05NOV: 63 (Colombia, Puerto Rico, Martinique, Grenada, French Guiana, Guadeloupe, Jamaica, Dominican Republic)
○ Cholera – Tanzania
■ Cases as of 05NOV: 971
■ Deaths as of 05NOV: 13
■ Sourcing: WHO
○ Novel Coronavirus (MERS-CoV, SARS-related)
■ Cases as of 05NOV: 1611 (Saudi Arabia (KSA), Jordan, Qatar, the United Arab Emirates (UAE), the United Kingdom (UK), France, Tunisia, Italy, Oman, Kuwait, Yemen, Malaysia, Greece, Egypt, Lebanon, the Netherlands, Iran, Algeria, Austria, Turkey, The Philippines, Germany, China, South Korea, and the US)
■ Deaths as of 05NOV: 575 (Saudi Arabia, France, Qatar, United Kingdom, UAE, Oman, South Korea)
TOMORROW’S OUTLOOK (06OCT)
Copyright 2018 The Rendon Group. Powered By Impressive Business WordPress Theme