By TRG Alerts Admin
○ UN Rights Chief, Zeid Raad al-Hussein, questioned whether due process had been observed during the trials of those executed.
○ Iraq’s top Shiite cleric, Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani, condemned the execution and called it, “unjust agression.”
○ Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei also condemned the execution and warned Saudi Arabia of “divine revenge.”
○ This will further exaccerbate relations between Iran and Saudi Arabia, who support opposing factions in Yemen and Syria.
○ Meanwhile, the Saudi Embassy in Tehran was ransacked and burned by protesters and the Iranian government called for calm.
○ The BBC stated that one of the 47 executed was Adel al-Dhubaiti, who had killed the news agency’s Simon Cumbers in Riyadh during 2004.
TECHNOLOGY AND COMMUNICATIONS
○ Location: 206 SE of Suva, Fiji
○ Wind: 86 mph
○ Movement: SW at 7 mph
○ Ebola Virus Disease (EVD)
■ Ebola Virus Disease (EVD)
○ Chikungunya Virus Disease (CHIK)
■ Suspected Cases as of 18DEC: 607,961 (Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Brazil, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Colombia, Costa Rica, Curacao, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, French Guiana, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Martinique, Mexico, Montserrat, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Puerto Rico, Saint Barthelemy, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Martin, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Sint Maarten, Spain, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, United States, US Virgin Islands, and Venezuela.)
■ Confirmed Cases: 35,019
■ Deaths as of 18DEC: 77 (Colombia, Puerto Rico, Martinique, Grenada, French Guiana, Guadeloupe, Jamaica, Dominican Republic)
■ Novel Coronavirus (MERS-CoV, SARS-related)
TOMORROW’S OUTLOOK (04JAN)
Copyright 2018 The Rendon Group. Powered By Impressive Business WordPress Theme