By TRG Alerts Admin
○ The executions were the first of 2016 and follow a year when the government put 157 people to death.
○ Most of the men were affiliated with attempts to bomb the interior of ministry, plots to attack military airports, and other strikes on military targets between 2003 and 2006.
○ Among the dead is reformist Shiite and activist Sheikh Nimr al-Nimr, whose killing has sparked outrage.
○ Al-Nimr campaigned against violence and injustice aimed at the country’s Shiite population but was charged with sedition in October of 2014.
○ The killing of Sheikh Nimr al-Nimr may spark new unrest among Saudi Arabia’s Shiite minority, largely concentrated in the kingdom’s east, and in Bahrain.
○ The government plans to host a joint operations room in Riyadh to coordinate a coalition of 34 Muslim nations to combat terrorism in Islamic countries
TECHNOLOGY AND COMMUNICATIONS
○ Location: 297 NM EAST of Suva, Fiji
○ Wind: 98 mph
○ Movement: W at 12 mph
○ Ebola Virus Disease (EVD)
■ Cases as of 01JAN: 28,637 (Guinea, Liberia, Mali, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Spain, United Kingdom, United States, Italy)
■ Deaths as of 01JAN: 11,315 (Guinea, Liberia, Mali, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, United States)
○ Chikungunya Virus Disease (CHIK)
■ Suspected Cases as of 18DEC: 607,961 (Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Brazil, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Colombia, Costa Rica, Curacao, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, French Guiana, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Martinique, Mexico, Montserrat, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Puerto Rico, Saint Barthelemy, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Martin, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Sint Maarten, Spain, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, United States, US Virgin Islands, and Venezuela.)
■ Confirmed Cases: 35,019
■ Deaths as of 18DEC: 77 (Colombia, Puerto Rico, Martinique, Grenada, French Guiana, Guadeloupe, Jamaica, Dominican Republic)
○ Novel Coronavirus (MERS-CoV, SARS-related)
■ Cases as of 02JAN: 1621 (Saudi Arabia (KSA), Jordan, Qatar, the United Arab Emirates (UAE), the United Kingdom (UK), France, Tunisia, Italy, Oman, Kuwait, Yemen, Malaysia, Greece, Egypt, Lebanon, the Netherlands, Iran, Algeria, Austria, Turkey, The Philippines, Germany, China, South Korea, and the US)
■ Deaths as of 02JAN: 584 (Saudi Arabia, France, Qatar, United Kingdom, UAE, Oman, South Korea)
TOMORROW’S OUTLOOK (03JAN)
Copyright 2018 The Rendon Group. Powered By Impressive Business WordPress Theme