By TRG Alerts Admin
○ Last week Israeli Defence Minister Moshe Yaalon outlawed two Muslim groups that confront Jewish visitors to the compound, which is holy to both faiths.
○ Palestinian witnesses said police entered the mosque, the third-holiest site in Islam, and locked protesters inside.
○ Police say they locked in protesters who threw rocks, fireworks, and other objects as a means of restoring calm and order.
○ According to police, the rioters had barricaded themselves in the mosque overnight with the aim of disrupting visits by Jews to the site ahead of the start of New Year celebrations on Sunday evening.
○ Non-Muslims are allowed to visit the compound, but Jews are forbidden from praying or displaying national symbols for fear of triggering tensions with Muslim worshippers.
○ Palestinian president Mahmud Abbas condemned what he called an “attack” by Israeli authorities at the flashpoint mosque.
TECHNOLOGY AND COMMUNICATIONS
○ Nothing to report
○ Nothing to report
○ A 6.6 magnitude earthquake was reported 59km SSW of Topolobampo, Mexico.
○ Mexico’s Colima volcano experienced a series of small eruptions resulting the the expulsion of ash and smoke.
○ Global Disease Outbreaks:
■ Ebola Virus Disease (EVD)
■ Cases: 28,183 (Guinea, Liberia, Mali, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Spain, United Kingdom, United States, Italy)
■ Deaths: 11,306 (Guinea, Liberia, Mali, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, United States)
o Chikungunya Virus Disease (CHIK) – Americas
§ Suspected Cases as of 04SEP: 546,199 (Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Brazil, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Colombia, Costa Rica, Curacao, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, French Guiana, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Martinique, Mexico, Montserrat, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Puerto Rico, Saint Barthelemy, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Martin, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Sint Maarten, Spain, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, United States, US Virgin Islands, and Venezuela.)
§ Confirmed Cases: 18,109
§ Deaths as of 04SEP: 66 (Colombia, Puerto Rico, Martinique, Grenada, French Guiana, Guadeloupe, Jamaica, Dominican Republic)
o Cholera – Tanzania
§ Cases as of 06SEP: 971
§ Deaths as of 06SEP: 13
o Novel Coronavirus (MERS-CoV, SARS-related)
§ Cases as of 10SEP: 1542 (Saudi Arabia (KSA), Jordan, Qatar, the United Arab Emirates (UAE), the United Kingdom (UK), France, Tunisia, Italy, Oman, Kuwait, Yemen, Malaysia, Greece, Egypt, Lebanon, the Netherlands, Iran, Algeria, Austria, Turkey, The Philippines, Germany, China, South Korea, and the US)
§ Deaths as of 10SEP: 544 (Saudi Arabia, France, Qatar, United Kingdom, UAE, Oman, South Korea)
TOMORROW’S OUTLOOK (14SEP)
Copyright 2018 The Rendon Group. Powered By Impressive Business WordPress Theme